Thursday, December 25, 2003

Christmas

Last night, before bed, I noticed that my son had written me a message on the white board in his room. He wrote "Mom is cool. I luove Mom. Mom is the gift I wont." I got all teary. No, not because he can't spell! He's only six! But because he would write that for me. I told him how much I liked his note, and he told me that every year he wishes for the same thing and every year he gets it. When I asked what it was, he replied, "Your happiness." I was really teary then. "That's what I wish for too, precious."

I spent most of the evening wondering what I had done to deserve such a good son. Of course I spent quite a bit of today explaining why Santa didn't bring him the skateboard that he didn't ask for till Christmas eve, too! So, while I have a really great kid, he's not perfect, nor is his mother.

We did have a beautiful Christmas. We got up around 7 and opened presents. Some of which my dh had a heck of a time putting together last night! We had breakfast and then played until it was time to go to mass. Piper got a beautiful red plaid dress with matching tights and a hat from her Tio and Tia (Uncle and Aunt). It was perfect for Christmas mass. She's also learned to say "Uh oh" and "ball" which is really cute. Of course I have had to explain that the "ball" on the Christmas tree (any round ornament) is not for playing with.

This afternoon Mommy was allowed about a 10 minute nap. I think my body has learned to accept rest whenever it comes and for however long it can, cause I really felt better afterward. Then I made dinner. Ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, crescent rolls, spinach, cranberry sauce, and apple pie for dessert. Not as much food as my parents make, but PLENTY for us. DH will be set for lunches for a week!

There weren't a lot of things under the tree. But the kids were really happy. Reagan said this was the best Christmas ever, and we really enjoyed the uninterrupted family time.

As a little girl, the one wish I had that never changed was to be a wife and a mommy. I couldn't wait until it was my family in my home. Today I looked around and realized that all my dreams had come true. I have a wonderful husband and two (almost 3!) beautiful children. I love my life. No, it's not roses all the time. No, we're not perfect. But my life is so full of blessings that there isn't too much room to complain.

This was the reason I couldn't be a musician. I just don't have enough angst!

Hope everyone had a great day. Blessings to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!