Saturday, May 15, 2004

Breastfeeding Is Natural

You know, the first time I breastfed in church I felt a bit self-conscious. Sure I was wearing a modest nursing top and no one could see anything, but with some people's feelings about nursing I really expected someone to say something. Of course my retort was going to be something along the lines of "if God doesn't like breastfeeding, He should have made the milk come out of my finger." But it was unnecessary. The only comments I've gotten have either been surprise ('cause they couldn't tell at first) or encouragement. Older women especially seem wistful that they weren't able to sling their babies and nurse at the drop of a hat. Well, I found these pictures floating aroung the internet, and it just PROVES that nursing is NATURAL. Breasts were meant to be suckled. And this baby takes it very seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!