Sunday, May 09, 2004

The Evil's of Toddlerhood

Most of you know that my daughter Piper is 23 months old and, well, we call her spirited. I'm just wondering if any of you know the secret. You know, how to convince an almost two year old that her baby sister isn't a toy put on the earth for her to play with. There's nothing quite like the cry of a new baby. Especailly when she's been viciously poked in the eye by a toddler while she was contentedly sleeping. If this is an omen of things to come, I may have to move to Timbuktu.

I love how children are completely incapable of keeping secrets. Reagan made a Mother's Day card for me last night at Dominic's request, but he got so excited about it he tried to give it to me right away. Dominic was hoping to get up early this morning and make me breakfast and have the kids present their homemade card. Actually, I don't know which idea was more far fetched, that Reagan could go a whole night without telling me, or that Dominic could get up early in the morning!

Some of you know that as a Catholic I'm practicing NFP. Just to be on the safe side I've begun charting despite the fact that I'm exclusively breastfeeding at present. You can never be too careful. I'd hate for my fertility to return too soon and find myself pregnant again right away. I'd really like to enjoy this baby, and since our car only fits 5, we'd literally have to strap another baby to the hood! I have no idea what we'll do when Karina comes to visit. I suppose I'll take the kids out during the day and when Dominic comes home we'll just stay in. We need a MINIVAN!

I know Mother's Day is a made up holiday and just boosts the greeting card companies, phone companies, and restaurant businesses. But I see something else. I see a day where I can actually justify not doing housework. I see a day of blogging, e-mailing, reading with the kids, and playing games.

So Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms. May you put your laundry off a day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!