Monday, May 11, 2009

Not Me! Monday


It's time for another Not me! Monday, one of my favorite memes. There's something about confessing our mommy faults in this tongue and cheek way that brings a needed bit of levity to parenting and life.

It's been a long week in my body. The burst of energy I had at the start of the second trimester is quickly fading. But of course, I'm trooper-mom. I absolutely did not feed my kids multiple forms of fast food in the last week because I felt too sick or too tired to cook them decent healthy meals. Nope. Not me! I would never put such junk into my precious babies.

I did not slack off in my housework either. Nope. Not me! My desk is spotless, and of course all laundry is done, folded and put away. In fact, I don't really have to do anything else all day. I can just sit and enjoy my children's company.

My pregnancy, thankfully, has not left me addle-brained in the least. For example, I did not take home the med room/med cart keys twice from work this week. Nope. Not me! I know that the other nurse who does my job needs those keys, as do the nursing instructors who've been there all week with students. I always made sure to hang them back up in the med room where they belonged. And of course I did not forget (again) to buy trash bags at the grocery store. Nope. Not me! I know what my family needs and am sure to provide it.

Since we've already established that my husband rocks, I made sure this week to spend plenty of time with him. I would never accidentally fall asleep early instead of waiting for him to come to bed to watch a show together. Nope. Not me! Every night he found me patiently waiting for him.

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. Celebrating faults as well as success' in a positive way. It's brilliant.

    Congrats on the new approaching babs.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!