Sunday, November 16, 2003

Wednesday November 17, 2003

Yesterday was a busy day in the Basso house. DH stayed home sick from work. And I don't think he's used to seeing what I do on the average day. As much as he knows, I think the myth of the lazy housewife is deeply ingrained in the American psyche. Between feeding, cleaning showers, starting laundry, decluttering, teaching, washing children, etc. I don't have a ton of extra time. He actually looked at me and said, "Wow, honey, you do a lot!" Just because I don't put in 40 hours in an office doesn't mean I don't put in 40 hours. I probably put in a lot more than that. Plus I'm on-call 24/7!

We continued with this weeks lessons yesterday, but I don't think we'll be doing anything today. Reagan has spiked a temp and feels pretty yucky. I really think it's probably a personal issue rather than something he's picked up. He hasn't gone potty in more than a few days. It's something that happens with him upon occasion. So, I've given him what I can and put him to bed, where he's quietly watching a video. Piper was so sweet. She kept checking on him earlier and rubbing his cheeks. She was really worried about him. I have to say, it does my heart good to see the connection between my children. There's a five year age difference and they're different genders. But they're absolutely devoted to each other. They have trouble sometimes, but all in all they're very close.

Reagan is still picking out compound words and analyzing them. And yesterday he began subtracting double digit numerals. I'm going to keep drilling in the single digit while the book progresses. I really want him to grasp the single digits, as the rest is based upon that.

For today I think maybe we'll just talk a bit about the human body, and why it's important to keep it running smoothly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!