Sunday, December 28, 2003

December 28, 2003

Well, it was a long day again today. I was up at 5:30 am to go pick up Dominic and Karina from the airport. Sure, it would have been nice to come home and go back to sleep. But three excited kids were not about to let that happen! DH went to sleep just fine. He hadn't slept all night. I was not so fortunate.

The day found the kids playing and having fun, enjoying each others company after a month long absence. But in the afternoon I had to leave and go to work. It's odd, because I really love what I do, but I love being a mommy most and it's always hard to leave them. I know I'm leaving them with their Daddy, and he's totally capable. Still, my home is definitely where my heart is.

Sometimes being a nurse is incredibly frustrating. One family last night I've dealt with before and the wife is always finding things wrong with the husband. Her concerns are legitimate. He is having trouble swallowing, he is having trouble with mobility. But when given solutions to the problem, like changing his diet to make it harder to aspirate, she bluntly refuses. That gets so frustrating. This team is trained to help, but she wont let us!

So, I worked until 11, and then came home and cleaned house. I've got everything ready for the morning, and I feel good about it. It was a long day, but I got a lot accomplished, including earning some money. A mommy's work is never done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!