Thursday, January 27, 2005

Planned Parenthood & Consumer Reports

Quoting from this site:
Despite the mission statement of Consumers Union, which publishes Consumer Reports, stating the organization vows to maintain "independence and impartiality," the president and CEO of the nonprofit once led a state branch of Planned Parenthood.

I had been more than a little miffed at what I thought was incorrect in this consumer reports article about birth control.  It failed to educate on the dangers of abortion, basically lumping it in with all forms of birth control. And it gave false and misleading information about NFP, stating that it has a high failure rate for women with irregular cycles. NFP is actually great for women with irregular cycles!

After reading this article I understand better why the article was written the way it was, and where the bias is. I urge my pro-life readers, and any readers who still belief that people should be given the truth in these kinds of publications, to boycott consumer reports. I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!