Monday, February 07, 2005

Leaving My Babies

Well, I took the kids to California to stay with their grandparents while Dominic and I are cruising. This is the time where our frequent visits come in handy. All of the kids are completely comfortable at Grandma and Grandpa's. Bridget especially loves my dad, and will go to him over me! Piper loves cuddling with my mom, and Reagan loves being the big helpful boy.

I put them to bed last night and finished packing myself up. Then I went to their beds and kissed them each repeatedly. Even in her sleep Piper will tell me that she loves me too. It was really hard to leave them, but I know they're in the best hands possible. Next to Dominic and me, I don't think anyone loves them quite as much as Grandma and Grandpa.

I boarded my red eye flight back to Minnesota and have spent most of the morning catching up on my sleep. It's really kind of odd to be back home in an empty house. I went into the kids room once, and I don't think I should do it again. It's ghostly without them there. It was nice to sleep without being interrupted once, but I missed their little voices playing, too.

I know we'll have a good time on the cruise, but I know that I'll miss my babies, too.

On a brighter note! Congratulations to Jennifer, who's little Alex was baptised yesterday. It was a beautiful service (only wish I could have stayed for more, Piper thought a nice quiet church was a good place to raise her voice) and Alex joined the Christian community. It was so great to spend time with the family. I have been blessed for many years to have had them in my life, and it was so wonderful to be able to CELEBRATE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!