Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Mom's Night Out

Last night I was invited to a friend's house for a "Mom's Night". Children were totally acceptable, but I was able to leave mine at home and go all by myself. It was wonderful! We talked for hours and hours about life, the universe, all the geeky things I'm interested in, and so much more. I was there until almost 12:30 am!

It felt so good to get out of the house and go talk to grown-ups. But I have to say, with five hours of sleep, I'm completely exhausted today. Dominic was up at 7 to go to work, and the kids were up with him needing to be fed, watered, and changed. Then I had a 9:45 doctors appointment. The OB's office is always a blast with three kids, right?

Monday I was back in Labor and Delivery for management of contractions, so I'm back on Terbutaline, but at least only as needed. And I haven't needed it for the last two days, so I'm happy.

Yesterday I had my last ultrasound at the perinatologists office. Apperantly they were concerned because at one u/s he measured a week ahead of schedule, and then at the next one he measured 2 weeks ahead of schedule. His growth appears to have stabalized and he's still 2 weeks ahead. He is over 5 pounds now, and appears very healthy, so if he's born early he should be okay. And his size explains why I'm so uncomfortable most of the time.

Here are my 3D face shots from the u/s!

And my favorite:

You can see that the umbilical cord is floating around his face. But this is the closest I've ever come to really looking at the face of my child before birth. It was so amazing. I can't wait to meet him.

Reagan is also getting impatient for his little brother and informed me that he didn't think he could wait anymore. I just about jumped out of my skin. HE can't wait anymore? Is he the one who can't sleep? Is he the one being poked in uncomfortable places? No! But I pulled myself back, remembering that he's eight, and that for him pregnancy must seem an eternity. It does to me and I'm 20 years older! I reminded him that we're all excited to meet Ciaran and that we'd just have to be patient.

Well, off to treat my raging headache and feed the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!