Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Reagan's First Holy Communion

It was quite a week leading up to Reagan's First Holy Communion.  I'd been working every day, trying to get med sheets ready at work.  The girls had been sick, Bridget and Piper both being taken by a nasty stomach bug.  And I was exhausted!

But Saturday finally came.  Reagan recieved a missal and a Rosary from us, and was very excited about the event.  Dominic almost stayed home with Piper, as she was running a temp, but we finally decided to all go.  As of yesterday, Piper was diagnosed with an ear infection, and both girls are now back to normal!  Yay!

Ladysea and MNFiddledragon joined us, and it was a beautiful service.  The girls fell asleep on the pew because they were both still sick.  Honestly, I've never seen them quite so well behaved at church.  Reagan did a great job when it was his turn.  He remembered to bow his head and say, "Amen" and he walked very nicely up the aisle.  Dominic and I were so proud of him, we were both teary eyed.

From the Dragonsept family he recieved a new Bible and a 1st Communion Cross to hang on the wall.  And they bought gifts for us parents too!  I was so glad they were there.

Afterward, we came home and had pizza and home baked cookies.  It was a great day.  My little boy is growing up.  I'm so proud of him.

Congratulations, Reagan.  Mommy and Daddy love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!