Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Still Sick

I'm still sick today.  I woke up this morning with barely a squeak for a voice.  It's better this afternoon, but I'm still stuffy and my head doesn't feel like it's attached to my body.

My instincts were right about the mice.  Two child mice meant that there was a momma mouse.  She ran past Dominic's feet last night and totally freaked him out.  She didn't take the bait where I've got it, so I'm thinking of putting the trap somewhere else tonight, but I haven't figured out where.

With mice in the house (again) I'm thinking that perhaps it's time to learn a little bit about mice.  So, we're doing a little internet research on them.

For example, I've been baiting the traps with peanut butter crackers.  And it turns out that's good!  Mice like seeds and cereal, but also things high in fat like peanut butter!  Perhaps I will add a piece of Life cereal tonight, however for a little something sweet.

It also turns out that mice can squeeze through a hole the size of a dime.  And they have 6-10 litters a year!  Goodness, that makes me feel downright barren!

Anyway, it's another VERY good reason to get them out of my house before the next batch arrives.

If you're interested in learning more about mice, check out these websites:

University of Kentucky Entomology

Mouse

House Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!