Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Sick Summer

Being sick in the Summer is never much fun.  Especially when you have things planned, such as zoo visits and berry picking.

I left work yesterday with the start of a sinus headache, and today it's a full blown sinus cold.  I've been miserable all day.  And yet, the work of the home never ceases.  Diapers still need to be changed, meals still need to be fixed, laundry still needs to get done, and hugs still need to be given.  It is days like this that I am reminded that sometimes we are to give a "sacrifice of praise".  I'd really like to collapse into bed and drift away on a medicated sleep.  But instead I do what must be done, and praise God for giving me children whose diapers need to be changed, food to prepare meals with, clothes on our backs which must be washed, and little arms to share my hugs.

This morning did require a trip to the park.  But only to let out Hughey and Dewey, the two mice we caught in our humane trap this morning.  Not fully grown, but not tiny babies, Hughey and Dewey were about the cutest pests I've ever seen.  I'm hoping Mama mouse isn't still somewhere in the house, but I've set out the traps again, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!