Thursday, July 06, 2006

Defending The Family

I am often surprised by others reaction to my family size.  With only four children, I don't think our family is unusually large.  My husband and I love our family.  We have made a number of sacrifices to have our children, and we're not sorry.  We're grateful.

Often I meet people who are excited by our family.  They think it's wonderful that we welcome children, and we trade stories about our families.  But I also meet people who react with shock.  Some seem utterly horrified that we would have what they consider to be, so many children.  Sometimes they make rather rude comments.

Certainly I wish they could see my family as I do.  As a great blessing and a joy.  But they speak only of the burden of children.  But, even if they can't, is it really their job to call me out?  Is it really any of their business how many children I have?  I don't think so.

A specific conversation really got to me, this evening.  It was so nice to come home to my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!