Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Letter A

I decided the first thing that Piper and I should do is learn each letter and the sound it makes. 

I found That's Me On TV printable coloring pages.  We started at the beginning with the letter A.  Piper picked it up very quickly.  She colored the picture of the apple, and we talked about A words. 

I think the first thing we're going to do is go through the alphabet a day at a time, and get an overview of the letters.  Then we can take each letter individually and spend a few days on it, do crafts with it, etc. 

I'm going to use these first printouts to make Piper an alphabet book. 

I'm also going to look into buying the kindergarten all-in-one curriculum book that I used for Reagan in the first grade.  It was a little too basic for Reagan in the first grade, but the Kindergarten one might have good printouts and such for Piper, right at her level.

But we're still open to more ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!