Saturday, April 05, 2008

I Had To Laugh

Bridget has been seriously testing my Mommy skills for the last few days.  She's been bratty and argumentative.  There have been a number of time outs as she's tested her boundaries and been reminded that they're firm.

Tonight she wanted to stay up.  It's been a long day, most of which was spent outside since the weather's been so nice the last couple of days.  So, we'd picked up the toys and were getting jammies on, and the conversation went like this:

Bridget: Mommy, I don't wanna go to bed.  I wanna clean up.

Me: Bridget, honey, it's bedtime.  We already cleaned up.

Bridget: No we didn't!

At this point I look around the playroom with all it's toys neatly put away and a laugh starts to well up from inside.  Usually laughing at serious children isn't a good idea since they have a tendency to take it personally.  This time it was perfect, however.  She forgot that she was trying to talk me into a later bedtime and instead started to laugh with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!