Wednesday, August 27, 2014

It's Just Stockholm Syndrome

Dominic was watching a video on YouTube from Beauty And The Beast with Bridget.

Bridget (10): Beauty And The Beast is really just an example of Stockholm Syndrome.

(Insert quizzical look from both parents here)

Dominic: Do you even know what that is?

Bridget: Sure, it's when someone kidnaps you, and you eventually fall in love with them.

Dominic: It's when you form a bond and sympathize with your captor.

Me: You were on the track though, Bridge.

Dominic: Do you know who the most famous example of Stockholm Syndrome was?

Bridget pauses for a second before announcing with conviction...

Bridget: Princess Peach.

At which point I looked something like this...



Me: Um, I think your dad was thinking of Patty Hurst, but yeah, I guess Princess Peach is a good example too.

Bridget: Who's Patty Hurst?

I knew that was coming.

I am utterly baffled at what kids know about and think about, sometimes.

Thanks Internet.

*****

What did I marvel at before I had kids? I'm not sure, but if you liked this, please click the link below which registers a vote for me, would you? Thanks. You're the best!
If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

4 comments:

I love comments!