Monday, September 01, 2014

School Is Starting!

The kids start school tomorrow.  This news makes me want to dance like this:


Too much?

Don't get me wrong. I have a couple of feels about it. Brennan is starting Kindergarten, and Liam is starting Early Childhood Special Ed. My baby gets on his very first bus tomorrow.  That's huge.

But mostly, I'm excited. Like, really excited. Like above dancing excited.

I remember reading homeschooling blogs, back in the day, and reading expressions of sorrow for mothers who were happy to say goodbye to their offspring on the first day of school. I mean, that's why these moms were homeschooling, so they would never have to be without their babies. There was an implied superiority. (Or maybe a really overt we're-so-much-better-than-them attitude).

I should add, not all homeschooling parents are like this, in fact most are not.

Well, let me tell you, I was so stressed out by the time we stopped homeschooling, that I have never been so happy to have one less responsibility on my plate. If some homeschooling moms want to feel superior because they want their kids there all the time, they can have that feeling all they want. They can swim around in it. I'm good with it.

I'm going to be grateful for the school routine, ant the way my kids are thriving in their respective schools. And I'm just going to keep dancing.

*****

Thank you for reading. If you like my fancy back-to-school dancing (because it looks pretty snazzy, right?), please click the link below which registers a vote for me, would you? Thanks. You're the best!
If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!