Sunday, September 22, 2013

Mabon Blessings

From: http://tyrionmaccrann.wordpress.com/
Here's wishing a Blessed Mabon to everyone.  If you know what that means, have a glass of mead for me.  If you don't, I'll give you a quick explanation.

In many Pagan traditions, we follow The Wheel of the Year.  It consists of 8 major holidays.  Mabon is the second of three Harvest Festivals and  The Autumn Equinox.

The days and nights are the same length, but we're fast heading toward Winter.  This is a time to give thanks for what we have and acknowledge the turning of the seasons.  This is one more phase of the unending cycle of life, death and rebirth.

For a Holiday like this I usually print out the new Pooka Pages magazine for my girls.  The Mabon edition can be found here. And then we have a small gathering with our family.  We light candles, thank the Gods, eat some food, and enjoy.  Personally, I feel like the Sabats are a really good time for us to discuss how what we see reflected in the world around us, applies to us.  So, for Mabon, what is changing for us?  How can we find balance?  What parts of ourselves would we like to work on?  And we ask the Gods to help us do that.  Some people call it prayer.  We call it Magic.  But it's still the same thing.

I'm really looking for help finding a balance, this year.  I don't want to be obnoxious about my faith, and so I usually err on the side of not talking about it.  I don't want to make people uncomfortable, I don't want to be pushy about religion (been there, done that).  Of course, if people never meet an actual Pagan, how will they know we're just people in the community, looking to make their faith work in the world?

If Piper and Bridget could find a balance between loving and hating each other, that would be good, too.

Mabon Blessings to Everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!