Thursday, August 12, 2004

Quite A Day

This morning we were all up and at 'em and out the door by 8:30 to take Daddy to work. We came back so I could shower and then we were back out the door to go to our playgroup. Today we were all to meet at the Richardson Nature Center for a nice walk and a little learning. They say that one of Minnesota's seasons is road work, and this morning I learned that the hard way. My directions led me to a closed road. I tried two different paths around the roadwork and couldn't find the way. I had to drive all the way home, stop and get gas, try to reach other moms by phone and figure out what was going on. Another mom and I ended up meeting somewhere else and walking around and then taking the kids to McDonalds for lunch. So, not a total loss. Although it tuns out that a couple of the other moms found thier way! I have no idea how they did it.

So, we're on our way to McDonalds when I hear it. The explosion. My breastfeed baby likes to go several days between poops and I just knew. It came on with such force that it totally blew out of her diaper all over her, and her carseat. More than that, it ran down where the strap comes up from the bottom, got all over the seatbelt and the base. Oh, my goodness! I had to bathe her at McDonalds, clean as much as I could off of the carseat, and put down pads so that I could take her home in it. I don't think the thing has ever been cleaner than it is now after I went at it with tonight! My mom has ordered me a Scunci Steamer and I'm hoping to take it to the seatbelts in the car. What do these kids have against my car??? I can clean and clean, but I think I'll really believe it's all better after steaming them.

At least the evening was quiet. The kids had played so much that they went to bed and went right to sleep. Tomorrow will be the first day using the alarm as was suggested by Michelle. I've set the alarm for 8 am and showed Reagan how to turn it off. So in the morning I'll set my alarm for 7:30 and be allowed to wake up. At 8, Reagan will turn off the alarm, get dressed and then come out to see me and have breakfast. Before 8 he and Piper will have to stay in their room and play. We'll see how it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!