Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Thank Heaven

I really have to thank God for His infinite wisdom regarding the order of my children. Reagan, who was pretty easy, came first. Piper, with her spirit, came second. And Bridget, with her mouth, came third. I think if Reagan had done some of the things that Piper and Bridget have done, there would have been a great deal more freaking out done in my house.

For example, Piper loves playing with the chalkboard. At two, however, she has trouble putting the chalk back. So Bridget, without fail, eats it. It's non-toxic and it's just chalk, so I don't make a big deal about it. I just put the uneaten portion away and move on.

Thank God, also, that I know these things happen, since this morning when I changed a loaded Bridget diaper I was greeted by bright green poop. No, not light green, BRIGHT green. St. Patrick's day poop! Leprechaun poop! As if my one-year-old daughter was suddenly in the spirit of the holiday.

Had she been my first child, she would have been rushed to the emergency room. Lucky for me I know she ate about a whole stick of green chalk, and I don't have to worry.

It does make me wonder if it isn't my fault my mother's hair turned gray?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!