Monday, June 13, 2005

Another Child Support Rant

J. has sent me an e-mail. It seems that once again he has found his true path. I hope he's right. I'd truly like to see him succeed at something. But once again it has become a reason for me to suspend my case with Child Support Services.

He made an agreement to pay a certain amount months ago, which again he didn't pay. He promises to pay me directly if I'll just suspend the case. But if he wont pay the people who can (and have) suspended his license and can put him in jail, why would he pay me?

I could go on and on about this subject, but it's not really the point. I'm just generally annoyed that he keeps writing me like it's a mess or a problem that I made, and that I'm being mean by not helping him.

I basically told him that I had no reason to believe that he would pay me, as it's the latest in a long line of promises that he hasn't made good on. Why should I believe him now? He told me that all he hears is anger about the past. Well, I'm not angry really. I'm frustrated, but not angry. I do find it interesting that he didn't interact with any of my legitimate concerns, however, just accused me of being angry.

I reminded him that if he couldn't pay the child support he could go to the courthouse and file paperwork asking for a change in the judgment. I even told him where to go for help filling out the paperwork. I don't wish him ill, I don't wish for him to pay money that he can't pay. I also don't think this is my deal to fix. This is his mess. He made it, and he needs to clean it up.

I don't want another  form of stress. And I don't want another thing to complicate my relationship with him and affect Reagan. Reagan still thinks he's Super Cool. I'm actually totally routing for him to fix it. I'd love to be able to point that out to Reagan as an example of taking responsibility for your actions and doing the right thing. I'd love for Reagan to grow up and be proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!