Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Early Adventures In Cloth Diapering

I discovered cloth diapering over 6 months ago.  I thought it would be a great way to diaper Bridget and save money.  I figured I could get all I needed to diaper her for about $100, which would be less than continuing to buy disposables.  And I was right.

I discovered a store in St. Paul called Peapods, which sells all kinds of wonderful things for kids, as well as cloth diapers.  I bought what I needed and have been successfully cloth diapering ever since.

I was looking forward to cloth diapering right from the start with Ciaran. But have run into a bit of a snag.  He only weighs about 6 lbs.!

Now, I bought premie prefolds, which are super soft and I love them, and newborn prorap covers.  But, while the diapers are a good size, the covers are not.  They say 6-10 pounds, but It's not really true.  What I need are a few premie size, but I'm just not willing to pay for them.  I think I'd spend just as much on a couple of packages of newborn diapers.  And hopefully by that time he'll fit into the newborn covers.

So, my advice for cloth diapering is, if you have small babies, get a few premie covers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!