Tuesday, December 27, 2005

A New Charity

I have chosen a new charity for Sarah's memorial fund.  I've chosen Sara's Smile, Inc.  Sara's Smile is one I've mentioned before, but I love it so much, I'm going to bring it up again.  I discovered Sara's Smile when they provided a beautiful bear to a friend who'd lost her baby.

When we discovered that Sarah was going to die, I placed an order for my own bear and was contacted by the woman who started the company.  A woman who'd lost her own Sara as an adult.  She was motivated to provide something tangible to women who'd lost a child at any age.  No mother should leave a hospital empty handed.

A bear can never replace what was lost, but it was lovingly designed to be a comfort to a mother, and indeed it is.  I slept with mine for a very long time after Sarah died, and my SareBear continues to be a reminder of Sarah in our home.

The bear was overnighted to me, along with a personal condolence card and multiple scripture references to loss and the promises of God.  It is an amazing ministry which provides these bears with no cost to the grieving parent.  But it costs money to produce them and ship them, and I encourage anyone who can, to donate either through Sarah's fund, or through their site directly.  And for those who can't, please pray for them.  It's good work that they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!