Sunday, December 04, 2005

Snow

I didn't want to go to work the other night.  I ended up on the floor where I have to pass meds, which meant I was going to be on my swollen ankles for most of the night.

Still, it wasn't a bad night, and I always like my work and my coworkers.  But when it was time to go home, it was almost magical.

I walked outside and the snow was falling softly.  Everything was clean, white, glittering in the moon and streetlight.  All was quiet.  It was cold, but not so cold.  Just cold enough to make you feel real and alive.  I looked up and watched as the snow fell toward my face.

I thought about going in to Disneyland, when I worked there.  Some shifts start early, and I used to love walking through the park at 6 am.  Everything was clean and shiny, and there was no one there.  It was as if the whole park was there just for me.

Friday night was the same thing.  As if God made the snow fall and all turn pretty just for me.  It was one of those moments that forced me to stop thinking, going, and working and just focus on the beauty, just for a moment.

I never want to be like Emily in Our Town wondering why she didn't enjoy the moments.

It's back to work today.  But I think I'll take another moment and gaze at my sleeping girls and give a big hug to my boy before I go.  I definitely can't miss them.  Their moments are so fleeting, and I have to enjoy this time because I'll never get it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!