Friday, April 14, 2006

We're Back On The Potty Again

Some days I wonder if I'll ever live without tiny potty seats and diapers.

Bridget is two now, and very bright.  She is so willing to try new things, and so quick to learn.  After visiting with our friends yesterday, I decided to really start trying to potty train her.  I found some printable potty charts on the internet, and pulled out the star stickers.

Each time she goes to the potty and sits, she's rewarded with a sticker.  When she goes (which hasn't happened yet) she'll be rewarded with a small treat.  And when she fills up her chart she'll get a small treat.  She'll get a bigger treat if she goes poo poo on the potty.  We'll see  how it goes.

I know I have to remember that different children are ready for such things at different times, but it's hard not to want mine to be doing it when other people with children the same age or younger are getting it.  It makes me feel potty deficient somehow.  Teaching my children to go on the potty hasn't exactly come easy to me.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!