Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Bowling As A Family

At the invitation of friends, we all went bowling Monday evening.  Between our families there were 4 adults, and 7 children.  Of course Karina and Reagan are older kids, but then we had ages 4, 3, 2, almost 2, and the babies are just a couple of weeks apart.  We were a sight to behold. 

There were bags full of stuff, snacks, sippy cups, rented shoes, street shoes, baby slings, and a whole lot of people.  We got 2 lanes, and had them put the bumpers on.  I finally bowled over 100.  But I think I took home the multitasking prize.  I was slinging Ciaran in the Maya Wrap ringed sling, where I had him nursing.  Then my turn came, and without stopping or putting him down, I grabbed my ball and played my turn.  Not only that, but I got a strike!  Who says nursing gets in the way?!?

We had a really good time.  We did think at some point we'd like to just have grown-ups, however.  Still the girls were so cute pushing their tiny balls down the lane.  And they were so proud of themselves.  As was Reagan, who has decided that he loves bowling.  Maybe it's something that I can take him to do from time to time, just mom and son. 

In other news, yesterday was my very first 29th birthday.  I look forward to many more 29th birthdays to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!