Friday, October 13, 2006

4th Grade

Due to our move, we have just begun the fourth grade.

Again, we chose the Catholic Heritage Curricula.  I like it because it's light, but complete. 

This year they've switched to using Saxon Math, and so far I'm very pleased.  I like that it starts with a warm up, and then goes through the teaching using a lot of examples, followed by actualy practice.  I think it's going to be a good system.

Reagan isn't excited about starting the fourth grade.  A definite difference between starting a new grade in a public school and starting a new grade in your home school is that there isn't the same feeling of new clothes and returning to old friends that makes it fun for at least the first week or two.

Reagan knows right from the start that there is going to be work, and probably more work than there was in the third grade. 

I'm excited though.  And thinking of ways to include Piper and get her going on preschool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!