Sunday, February 25, 2007

Two Years In Heaven

Ye have lost a child--nay, she is not lost to you, who is found to Christ; she is not sent away, but only sent before; like unto a star, which going out of our sight, doth not die and vanish, but shineth in another hemisphere.
- Samuel Rutherford

Two years ago today I cried myself to sleep after holding a glimpse of heaven in my hands. I try and hold on to every single memory I was given. I hold on to her hands in mine, her long toes, and the feel of her cheek against mine. As time goes on I find that I must work harder to hold on to those memories, but it is not hard to hold on to her. She has become part of me. Looking back I can say how grateful I am to those who showed kindness and compassion to my family as we grieved. I have probably said it before, but I believe that you were God's hands and feet, ministering to us in our sorrow.


Mommy, Daddy, and Sarah...holding hands together for a moment:


Sarah & her teddy bear:


Our precious shooting star...with us for a moment, and forever in our hearts:


We miss you Sarah, and we love you. Pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!