Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Day After Christmas

'Tis the day after Christmas and all through the house,

Nothing is left clean, not even my blouse.

The house that I tended and prepared with care

Now understands that five children actually live there.

The children are nestled all snug in their beds,

With new stuffed toys lined 'round their heads.

Dad in his flannels and the baby in my wrap,

I'd like to settle down for a 3 month nap.

I think I could probably make that whole bit longer, but I'm just too tired.  Everyone had a great Christmas.  Reagan got a new Nintendo DS which he loves, and he's been playing Nintendogs all day long. Piper got the Dora Mermaid she wanted.  Bridget loves her puppy dog doctor kit, and Ciaran is thrilled with the Thomas the Tank Engine couch/Train that he got.  I got new iPod speakers and the Monty Python Holy Grail Special Edition DVD which is on now.  Yes, I am that kind of geek.

Life has been busy.  Quinn is home and doing beautifully.  I love snuggling in to sleep with his tiny warm body.  It took about a day after he got home for him to get the hang of nursing.  Now he's a pro.

Between keeping kids occupied, trying to keep the house clean, tidying up the explosion that was Christmas, etc. etc. I've been busy.  But happy.  It's Christmas, and all my kids are here and healthy.  And I have the best husband who takes amazing care of all of us.  What could be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!