Monday, June 23, 2008

I'm a Talker

Someone, somewhere on the net asked the question of whether their readers were listeners or talkers.  I have a blog.  I have several blogs.  That probably means I'm a talker.  I think one day my children will look back on their childhoods and say that their discipline always included a good talking to.  And I wonder if they will think that was a positive thing or a negative thing.

When I'm not talking, I'm listening, and I'm thinking.  Often I'm thinking of how I want to respond to what I'm listening to.  Or who I can talk to about what I'm hearing.  I'm not sure that's such a good thing.  I wonder how much faster I might have learned if I'd listened a bit more.  But then again, perhaps I learn faster because I talk everything out.

I thought for certain I'd have a couple of children who were talkers and a couple who were shy listeners.  So far I have all talkers.  Even Ciaran with his speech delay, babbles incessantly.  But I think I'm lucky.  There's nothing better than the sound of my children talking and laughing with one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!