Monday, April 20, 2009

Not Me Monday!

I always feed my children the most wholesome of breakfasts. Things like baked oatmeal and organic free range eggs. Nope. Not me! It’s usually something I can dish out fast and easy like a sugary kids cereal that I wouldn’t eat. I think about getting up early and making them wholesome food, and we certainly have organic free range eggs in the house. I just don’t usually use them at breakfast.

After breakfast I always make sure that my daughters hair is brushed and styled so that they look totally presentable. Nope. Not me! I’m usually sidetracked by something Quinn needs and totally forget that Piper and Bridget even have hair until one of them comes to me and notices that they have a ginormous tangle that I have to slowly and carefull take apart.

I always have my kids lessons planned and know exactly what we’ll be doing in today’s lessons. Nope. Not me! I pull out textbooks and we pick up where we left off. I wonder where moms find time for lesson plans and what goes in them.

Everywhere I go I take my children along so that they can experience the world as I do. Nope. Not me! Quick errands are quicker without carseat strapping. And when I go to Target, it’s usually my time where I don’t have to hear “I want” or “she said” or “I said stop it!” (granted, sometimes I’m the one saying that last bit).

One day I will have this mom thing DOWN! Of course that may be when everyone’s potty trained, can comb their own hair, and don’t live here anymore. We’ll see!

This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!