Friday, May 29, 2009

My Husband Rocks!

Some weeks it is just plain easy to think of reasons why my husband rocks.

This weekend, my kids all came down with a cold. It hit them in the head, with a little cough to go along. They kindly decided to pass it on to me. It's a little in my head, but has hit me really hard in the chest. I'm trying desperately to avoid getting bronchitis, something which I seem to be pretty susceptible to.

By Wednesday I was really sick. My whole body ached and I just wanted to lay in bed all day. And you know what? That's what I did. It was Dominic's birthday, and the man cared far more about taking care of me, and seeing that my needs were met, than he did about celebrating his own birthday.

Eventually I hauled my sick pregnant butt out of bed, and headed to Target to get him a birthday cake and I picked up some Chipotle for him for dinner. But after dinner and cake, I headed right back to bed with his blessing. I think he would have been fine with not celebrating at all and just letting me rest. But I just had to celebrate a little bit!

But that's my husband. He's the guy that comes to bed and tells me that if I need anything, he'll get it. And he does. He's the guy that brings home Puffs Plus tissue with the lotion so I can wipe kid noses without making them red and raw. He's the guy who will give up celebrating his own birthday if he's concerned about his sick wife.

I got a really good husband and I'm so grateful every day that we're together. Happy Birthday, Honey!

Like an apple tree among the trees of the forest
is my lover among the young men.
I delight to sit in his shade,
and his fruit is sweet to my taste.
Song Of Solomon 2:3

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!!!! what a sweetheart! i love your stories :) hope you're all feeling better!

    also wanted to let you know that we're gearing up for a big MHR birthday bash next month! hope you'll be able to join us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are so good together.

    I am crazy about these posts...inspiring

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!