Monday, May 25, 2009

Not Me! Monday, Memorial Day

This year, I have not gone through every day, taking my freedom for granted. Nope. Not me. I know that too many women in the world lack the freedoms that I have enjoyed since birth.

This year, I have not gone about my daily tasks, blind to what is and has been given to protect my way of life. Nope. Not me. I know how many men and women have given themselves to the service of this country.

This year I have not forgotten how many people, and their families, have made the ultimate sacrifice for us. Nope. Not me. I will never forget how many have spilled their blood and laid down their lives so that we can have what we do.

Usually, Not Me! Monday is rather tongue in cheek. But not today. Today we remember our service men and women who have fought and died to protect what we hold dear. May we never forget. And may we remember to show our service men and women how much we appreciate all they do for us, both here and abroad.


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

1 comment:

  1. Great Post I agree may we not forget our servicemen and women and our freedom! ~Blessings :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!