Monday, May 04, 2009

Not Me! Monday


Well all know the rules. If you leave the house without a diaper, your child will poop. So, I would never leave the house without at least one per diapered child stuffed somewhere in my bag. Nope. Not me! I know better. And of course I would take wipes. I mean you need those! Also, I would never take a child known to have blowouts, out of the house without a change of clothes. That's just inviting disaster. Nope. Not me! I'd have an extra set of clothes on us somewhere! Still, if a blowout were to happen, and I were unprepared (which we've already established could never happen), I would not wash my baby's tushie in the sink at McDonald's. I mean, there's got to be a better way! Nope. Not me! I'm always prepared and would never have to do something so embarrassing in front of all the other mommies.

I would never forget to buy Bridget's pull-ups. She just doesn't wake up to go to the bathroom at night, and she needs them. Nope. Not me! I keep her well stocked. And if, by some accident of fate, she were without pull-ups, I would never give her a pad from my own drawer to line her underpants in a pinch. Nope. Not me! I'm sure I could figure out something better to do.

Reagan is getting to that age, the age where parents are somewhat of an embarrassment. Especially if they're affectionate, which I am. And of course, understanding that my little boy is becoming a young man, I would never forget and put my arms around him for a hug in public. Nope. Not me! I'm far to conscientious.

And finally this week, I'd like to point out how good I am at housekeeping. Especially laundry. For instance, my children most certainly did not spend the weekend in their pajamas because I was behind on the laundry and had no clean clothes for them. Nope. Not me! I always have everything clean, folded, and put away for the good of my family.

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for saying "Hi"!

    Wow, we do have a lot in common.

    I look forward to following your blog.

    I'm off to read more of your posts ")

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so done these things. I can't count the times I have had to borrow wipes from people. How embarrassing, especially when you got as many kids as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny!! Love the diaper fiasco, to which I can totally relate!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!