Friday, June 05, 2009

Deep Sleep Every Night

So, it's no big secret that I haven't been sleeping well lately. I'm guessing that if I had a nickel for every time my Twitter or Facebook status said something about my being tired, I could go buy myself a Venti Caramel Latte at Starbucks by now. Which really wouldn't help me with the whole sleep issue, I'm guessing.

So, I saw a suggestion on a friend's facebook wall, for an audiobook on iTunes that will help you sleep. Five bucks on iTunes seemed a pretty sound investment to me, being cheaper than a bottle of melatonin, so I bought it.


I have two big problems with sleep. The first is that I have trouble turning off my brain. My thoughts are usually so jumbled and busy that I spend hours thinking instead of sleeping. The second problem is that whatever I haven't worked out just comes in my dreams. I've had mornings where I've awoken utterly exhausted because my dreams were so busy that I didn't rest at all while I was sleeping.

This audiobook, available on Amazon as well, is called Deep Sleep Every Night. I had to restart it once because it took me a few minutes to really relax enough to get into it, and because Reagan came to ask me a question. But I think I was out within 20 minutes of starting it, and the thing is about 45 minutes long. I slept well (still woke up a time or two, but that's par for the course with pregnancy) and I wasn't crazy busy in my dreams.

For about five dollars on iTunes, this was a great buy, and I plan on putting it on my iPod to listen to every night!

1 comment:

  1. Glad your finding rest and relatively for little cost as well lol!! ~Blessings Heather

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!