Friday, June 26, 2009

My Husband Rocks!

I've heard that marriage is hard work. And in one sense it is. But it's hard work like parenting is hard work. There's a lot involved, but it's a gift of service and love given mutually by each person. It's something that you do because seeing the other person happy makes you happy too.

I always say that my husband and I have put our marriage before our kids. Not that together we don't have our children as a priority. It's just that we feel one of the best things we can do for our kids is to provide them with parents whose marriage is stable for them. After all, one day they'll be gone, and I want this marriage to still be going strong.

So, why am I prefacing with that in a post that's supposed to be about why my husband rocks? Because he's so good at keeping this going. Year after year, he continues to put my happiness above his own. Day after day he manages to make me feel cherished and loved. And on those days where he fails, as we all do, he's learned how to apologize and make things right.

It's my husband who helps me to remember to find balance between being a mom, and being everything else. It's my husband who sees when I'm becoming overwhelmed and will step in to help me. It's my husband who keeps me grounded and reminds me that I'm part of a team.

Thanks, Honey, I love you.

4 comments:

  1. Anne, that was beautiful, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I thanked you for your constant encouragement? Because I am thankful. :)

    I completely agree with this post, and Jason and I often find ourselves critized for it {we get a baby sitter and go on a date every other week}. We're building a foundation for our children, not casting them aside. So glad you have a husband who treats you the way you should be treated :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing.
    My dear husband and I feel the same way. Our marriage is the backbone of this family, and it must be taken care of first.
    I've often referred to my husband as my compass.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!