Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Pregnancy Dreams

Photobucket

Being naked isn't something I like to practice publicly. Honestly, I'm at a point in my life where I'm not sure I want to see me naked, and I certainly wouldn't subject others to it. So, dreams where I'm naked are not exactly my favorite.

Last night I dreamed that I went to church, yes church, naked. And not even my church. No. I went to James McDonald's church in Illinois. I'm standing there, talking to Mrs. McDonald, aware that everyone else is conservatively dressed, and I'm without a stitch on. And the McDonald's are being so sweet and polite, that they refuse to acknowledge that I am sans clothing. I keep thinking that if they're not going to mention it, neither am I.

So, in the dream, I go out to my car to dress and escape my embarrassment, only to find all four tires on my car, flat. Then I realize it's my dads car, one he hasn't had in years. So, I leave and find mine, get dressed and then can't leave because there's a snow storm. Of course it was Summer just before since I certainly wouldn't be out nude in the snow! Of course, the crazy thing is that I wouldn't be out nude anywhere.

Where the heck do dreams like this come from? And why are they so much more vivid when I'm pregnant. From the dream that I gave birth to a banana sheet cake (specific, yes, I know) and was afraid to get it wet, to dreams where I'm giving birth in strange places, and now dreams like this. Isn't it enough that I have trouble going to sleep because of a sudden problem with restless legs, or that I don't sleep well since my back hurts so much? Couldn't I at least have some peace when I'm actually sleeping?

At the same time, I'm grateful for a healthy pregnancy and the comfortable bed we bought about a year and a half ago. But if I could NEVER have another naked-at-church dream, that would be more than okay with me, too.

1 comment:

  1. When ever I was pregnant I had strange dreams. One was reoccurring and always involved an exlover. I only had those dreams when I was pregnant.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!