Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What Am I Teaching Them?

Photobucket


While sorting laundry in the laundry room, I hear my three oldest children playing a game in the playroom.  For each letter of the alphabet, they name a food.  The following conversation begins:

Reagan: P.  People.

Mom: Reagan, we do NOT eat people!

Reagan: Cannibals do.

Mom: We are NOT cannibals!

Reagan: But you were singing "I eat cannibals"!

Mom: But we clarified, remember?  I eat animal cannibals.

Piper: With Dannimals.

Bridget: On toast!

Me: See?  We don't eat people!  And when the police come one day to ask me, I'm going to tell that that I taught you better.

Piper: Yeah, Reagan.  You can't be a cannibal.

Bridget: Yeah.  That's bad.

So there.  A complete home education with the lesson against cannibalism.  I think I can hang up my teachers hat confident in a full days' work.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!