Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Productive


I probably shouldn't say this too loud, considering how things usually go, but I have to say, I've been feeling remarkably productive the last couple of days.

I've gotten up early, gotten all the kids dressed with hair combed and teeth brushed, kept the kitchen clean, finished laundry, cooked, read, blogged, taught, and actually accomplished things.

Now, I don't know about you, but I'm kind of waiting to see if the sky is falling. I mean, being this productive must mean that something is coming. Then again, maybe it's that I gave up the afternoon nap that I've needed like no one's business for the last couple of months. Maybe it's a new found sense of purpose I'm not quite able to explain yet. Maybe it's just the second trimester and I don't feel like a) throwing up or b) sleeping until next year and I'm not yet at the point where I'm so uncomfortable that I'm cranky.

So now the question is...how long can I make this last? And what other amazing feats of wonder can I accomplish? Laundry may not be a feat of wonder for you, but it totally is for me. Can I learn to juggle, ice skate, or maybe just teach Ciaran how to use the toilet? I know, I know, very ambitious. But a girl can dream, right?

11 comments:

  1. I could have written this today.

    Laundry... always doing it here. 12-16 loads a week. I should probably work on it... later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Later works! Until I have the mountain 'o laundry on my bedroom floor. Then it's just embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a big bathroom, we just throw it all in there. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need one of those! Actually, before we got married, my husband offered to fold the laundry since it's my least favorite chore. But somehow, it's never worked out. And with more people to do laundry for, it seems less likely that he's going to take it up any time soon. Maybe when we're old....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laundry isn't really a job here, it's just sort of a constant fact of life. Like breathing.

    I hope the productivity phase lasts a good long time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Jen, I hope it lasts, too. With 5 kids, it's a pretty constant fact of life around here also. Just wish I were better at it! I don't remember being as hard on my clothes as my kids are, but I don't know if that's because my memory is suspect (which it is) or because I had better quality clothes (which I did, even if they were usually hated hand-me-downs).

    Hopefully now that I'm caught up, I'll stay in the routine. Well, unless the sky falls, which is always a possibility. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need some of your productivity today! I have been a wreck the last couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, praying for you, Sarah Mae! We all have those weeks. Some of us more than others [whistling innocently]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laundry Laundry Laundry... where do I start in talking about how much I detest laundry? I'm staring at a mini-mountain o' laundry right now thinking, I know I need to fold this and put it away, but I just straight up don't want to.

    Oh well... Obedience is better than sacrifice. I guess I'd better get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Anne! I have been reading in my reader and not stopping by to comment! I know, it's awful. I am just so darn busy!

    I am sure you understand. :-)

    Anyway, glad to see you are feeling productive. It does feel nice. Thanks for stopping by my blog too. We should do this more often. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jen, good luck!

    Becky, I'm glad you stopped by. I'm really enjoying your blog right now and it's gotten me back into Charlotte Mason, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!