Monday, April 27, 2009

Not Me


This week I did not inform one of my children how lucky they were that I'm a gentle Christian mother, since, if I believed in spanking I would be tempted to beat the devil out of them. Nope. Not me!

I did not ever lose my temper when faced with attitude problems. Nope. Not me! I'm always the most cool and collected of parents.

I did not totally forget that Ciaran had taken off his clothes and needed to be redressed until after he'd peed on the carpet downstairs. Nope. Not me! I could never be distracted like that.

And of course, I never let Reagan make dinner because I was so tired I wanted to crawl in a hole and sleep for a week. Nope. Not me! I'm always full of energy.

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

2 comments:

  1. Oh friend, we could share coffee together and have quite a lot of laughs!

    About my mom - she wasn't a good mom, but I am now finally able to get to know her and even enjoy her. I thank God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, Sarah Mae, I think we could! ;-)

    My mother turned out to be a really good "adult" mom. She didn't relate to children all that well, but woman-to-woman she's been amazing. It's a beautiful thing when we're given the opportunity to make something new out of a relationship. I'm glad you have had that opportunity, it's a true gift from God.

    Of course I thought I'd learned everything I needed to know from my mom. I'd just do everything different and it would be perfect! Turns out I'm just going to make all different mistakes. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!