Monday, April 18, 2011

Sleep Is For The Weak!

Note: Sleeping Beauty here is not me.  She looks comfortable and can sleep on her belly.

There's this article that says a healthy adult needs 7.5-9 hours of sleep a night.  That sounds like heaven.  Now, I'm not thinking about just those hours dedicated to sleep in a 24 hour period.  No, what sounds really awesome is those hours, all strung together, without interruption.  Think about it....nice, huh?

Instead, I'm having amazingly vivid pregnancy dreams.  I have a tiny little person kicking me in the bladder if I adopt any position that's even remotely comfortable for me.  I have children who wake up obscenely early, even when they don't have to, and an amazing husband who might possibly snore.  (Love you, Sweetie!)

I'm not getting nearly enough sleep.

I love the positive people who tell me that one day my children will all be older, and I'll miss these days.  Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt that there is much I will miss about having a house full of rugrats who actually love me.  But really?  I'm not ever going to be unhappy about being able to sleep.  I'm also not going to miss finding food in the fridge where I left it.  I'm definitely not going to complain about having a few more people in the house capable of cleaning up after themselves and wiping their own butts.  Come on, now, that's no one's favorite part of motherhood.

But just for this morning?  While I eat my steel cut oatmeal that comes out way better in the crockpot than off of the stove?  Today, I'm going to daydream about sleep.  And in those daydreams I will be having dreams of smoking hot cabana boys instead of neonatal neural surgery.  Call me crazy.

4 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmm! Smoking Hot Cabaana Boys!

    I think **I** need to go back to sleep and try for that sorta dream!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. *wiping tears from my eyes* that is so true...especially the butt wiping part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so remember all those years of not enough sleep, i literally thought i was just going to fall over and die. 4 babies in 5 1/2 years was absolute insanity. What if you have a friend or family member or a friend spend the night with you just one night a week. That way you can go to bed at 7:00 p.m. and sleep til 7:00 a.m. 12 whole hours! And yes...i just have to say this...my kids are grown now and I really do miss those days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok crazy... but aren't we all? especially when it comes to this? I sure do think so!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!