Sunday, September 14, 2014

Moms Sometimes Do Take Sick Days


Despite hand washing, hand sanitizing, and trying to keep the germ factory cranking at a minimum, a cold still made it into our house.

So, this weekend we've been sick. Well, most of us anyway.

It's made for some crankiness.

And not just for me, either.

Although most of the time I have felt like this...


It really hasn't been all bad. Like this morning when the only thing that made Liam happy, was laying in bed with me, naming body parts. (His favorite is Penis, by the way). Or this afternoon when Brennan laid down in bed with me and went to sleep. At least until he pushed me out of bed.

Being sick messed up my weekend plans.

It made me tired, and made it hard to do the things I needed to get done.

It also reminded me that sometimes I need to let them do things for me. My awesome husband, and the not-sick-kids let me spend most of the weekend in bed, eating things that were bad for me, but sounded good, and binge watching TV.

Moms don't usually get days off, and while it sucks to be sick, I'll take what I can get.

Especially when my nursemaids are ridiculously adorable, and at least one was covered in fur. River may take a couple of years to really get the doggy nursemaid thing down, but she's on the right track.

Tomorrow I will feel better, or, even if I don't, I'll get up and do everything anyway, because that's how it's done.

But tonight, I'm going to finish watching The Knick.

*****

If you have other things I should binge watch, feel free to share suggestions. And if you like what I write about, please click the link below which registers a vote for me, would you? Thanks. You're the best!
If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!