Saturday, September 27, 2014

Oh The Trouble They Find

My sons are baffling, sometimes. Really.

The girls spent most of the day at a friends' house, so it was just little boys here (if we don't count the 20-something and the Teen). Little boys playing hide-and-seek, sure, but also "Hey, let's punch each other" and "Let's play the kick fight game!". Which would then be followed by about 20 minutes of "Yeah!" and "Ow!" and ridiculous amounts of giggling.

I had to run to the store at one point, and left them in the care of their oldest siblings. While I was gone, they broke into my room (they've learned to pick the lock) and ate half a bag of my sugar-free chocolates, that I keep to help with sweet cravings.

Don't look at me like that. Sometimes this girl needs chocolate!

So, later, I find Brennan is clearly having... let's say... tummy troubles. As anyone who's ever had a few too many sugar alcohols will understand.

I explained to him that the problem was because he ate my chocolates. That they're not for little boys. I explained to him that they made him sick.

He was so upset. He told his brother he'd probably need another shot. Note, he wasn't sorry he ate the chocolate that was mine.

Kids, they're a work in progress.

I'm going to admit that for a minute I considered being the mom who would just let him think that he was going to need another shot, so maybe he'd stay the hell out of my candy. I mean, seriously! I bought him a treat just yesterday, and I didn't eat it, because it was his. Don't I get the same courtesy?

Actually, don't answer that. I already know the answer.

Anyway, I did tell him that there would be no shots for this, but that his tummy would probably hurt for a little bit.

The sad thing is, this isn't the first time, and they'll probably do it again. I need to find a way to keep them out. Or a better hiding place for my chocolates.

But his night spent getting friendly with the toilet, was probably all the punishment that will be necessary.

*****
I hope that post didn't give you "tummy troubles". Thanks for reading. And if you liked it, please click the link below which registers a vote for me, would you? Thanks. You're the best!
If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!