Tuesday, December 09, 2014

It's Not A Downward Spiral

I read an article recently about the idea of having a Croning.

A Croning is a ceremony for women to acknowledge and celebrate becoming an older woman.

See, we women (people really, if you're doing it right, but I'm focusing on women for the purposes of this post) we learn a lot along our path. We gather the stories of those we have known, as well as our own.

We become wise.

Well, we hope so, anyway.

And it used to be that older women were valued for their wisdom and knowledge.

You know, I kind of like the idea of a Croning. Maybe when I'm 60. But I don't think we need to wait until we have some kind of special ceremony to start feeling like it's okay to get older.

It's okay to get older. It's okay, right now. And it's happening.

You know what I didn't do when I was young? Make good choices.

But I do now.

You know what else I didn't do? I didn't like myself very much. I didn't take care of myself like I was someone who mattered.

But I like myself now. I take care of myself.

Because why the hell not?

I have made a family, a home, and a life for myself. I have things to be proud of. And while my ass may not be exactly the same size as it was when I was 17, but I have to tell you, I'm starting to not give a crap.

First of all there are so many more interesting things about me. Second, women don't stop being attractive in their 30s and I have to say, I'm getting downright tired of us thinking we do.

Seriously, we somehow buy into this ridiculous notion that only young women are beautiful, and we are mean to ourselves.

I'm done.

I'm not on a downward spiral. I'm just hitting my stride. There is so much left to learn, and so much left to do, and I'm not done yet.

Here's to my 40s. Because they're coming whether I like it or not.

And I think I'm going to kick 40's ass.

Because I'm not getting older, I'm just getting more awesome. And you are, too

*****
Since you're clearly both kickass and awesome, please, if you like my blog, click the banner below. I really appreciate it.
If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!