Monday, March 09, 2015

It Takes A Special Kind Of Asshole

Forgive the title of this blog post. I know my mother just cringed a little when she read it on Facebook, but I think it's apt for the post. And hey, I nearly titled it "This Week In What The F*ck Is Wrong With People" so, this was an improvement of sorts.

See, there are lots of assholes in the world, but I think it takes a special kind to hurt any creature, human or non-human, that is vulnerable. Children, the elderly, the disabled, animals.

My husband isn't a big animal lover. He likes our cat, as their relationship is one of mutual indifference. Plus Mal eats centipedes which freak us out. That's a good cat, right there.

The dog is a different story, though. River is just over a year old, but not totally grown up. So, we have a 50 pound puppy. And she can be a bit much from time to time. But at his most annoyed, he would never hurt her. Not ever.

Because it takes a special kind of asshole to do that.

Turns out, there's a special kind of asshole right now in Lakeville, another Minneapolis suburb near my house. This one is putting screws, nails, and open safety pins into dog treats and leaving them for the unsuspecting pets.

Who does that?

I don't advocate violence. Not even on criminals like this one, who deserve nothing less than a fine meal consisting entirely of their own homemade dog treats, extra additives and all. It's wrong. And I believe that we have a justice system whose job it is to build a case and prosecute this particular special asshole to the fullest extent of the law.

That said, I completely understand the outpouring of vitriol directed at whomever this is. These animals are our pets, yes, but they're part of our family. We love them. We care for them when they are sick, and they care for us too. They love us, protect us, cheer us up when we're sad, and are loyal beyond reason.

In fact, the dogs injured by this person are of a finer quality of character than the perpetrator of the crime that hurt them.

And even if they were animals who needed to be euthanized, I can't think of too many ways much worse in which to go. This wouldn't be a quick death, no, but an excruciatingly slow and painful one. This was meant not just to kill these animals, but to torture them slowly. I wonder if they're sitting around, watching the news, getting off on the pain of both the animals, and their families.

Whomever they are, they are a special kind of asshole, and I hope they are caught very soon, and that no other animals are harmed.

If you're a local Minnesotan, pass the word on to be careful. No one should lose a pet to this. And I hope no more pets have to suffer this way.

As a Pagan, I don't believe in heaven and hell. But I believe that what you put out into the world, will be returned to you. It's a principle we can see. When we are kind to people, they are kind in return, that kind of thing.

But if I did believe, there'd be a special place, just for this special kind of asshole.

Hug your pets everyone.

*****
If you have a few extra seconds, please click the banner below to register a vote for me. You can vote every day, in fact, so please, click away. Thank you so much. You're the best!
If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!