Sunday, March 22, 2015

Things My Kids Can't Do When I'm Sick

I don't know if I'm sick.

Okay, let me explain. I was having a perfectly normal day, when all of a sudden I felt...weird.

As the day has gone on, I've progressively felt worse. Not a cold. Yet. Not the flu. Yet. But like my bones hurt, and that all the sleep in the world won't help because I'm not comfortable enough to sleep.

But I don't want to be sick. So, I'm trying not to say that I am.

Of course, I know I am. I'm totally sick. Hence the title of the blog.

So, since I can't sleep anyway, and there's stuff that just has to be done before another school week starts tomorrow, I've been working, and trying not to be insanely annoyed by things that usually wouldn't phase me.

Here are some things I'd like my kids not to do in my presence when I feel this way:
  • Come to me with vague needs. Piper says Bridget isn't putting things in the right place. What things? Which places? What am I supposed to do? 
  • Tell me different stories. Piper said Bridget wasn't putting things in the right place. Bridget said that Piper wanted her to organize the toys and she doesn't know how. Dominic said they were just mindlessly arguing. When I don't know what's happening, I can't help them fix it. And I can't tell you how much I don't feel like figuring it out.
  • Dawdle. When I say I need something done, I don't mean tomorrow. I mean now. 
  • Forget everything I've ever asked them to do regularly. This isn't the day to stop putting your dirty clothes down the laundry chute. No. This is the day to start doing it! 
  • Argue. I don't have enough patience to decide how I feel about what my own body is doing. I don't have the patience to work out all of your issues or disagreements and make it all work for you. 
  • Breathe and/or cry. Because I'm not rational. That's why.
  • Need to eat. What's with all the "Oh, if I don't eat food I'll wither away to practically nothing?" I swear I feed them constantly when I feel fine, and they somehow survive on nothing but air, and the tiny amount of sunshine they're exposed to in Minnesota in the winter. But no, once I get sick, they're all hungry, all the time. 
This is when I'm exceptionally grateful for a husband who takes care of me. An amazing Bonus Kid, and a really easy Teen. With their help, no blood has been shed. And when I say no blood, I mean mine, which would come from repeatedly beating my head against the wall in frustration. 

Sometimes it's the little things that make me happy. 

And bedtime. Bedtime makes me super happy.


*****
If you like my blog, or you know, just have pity on a poor sick mom, please click the banner below to register a vote for my blog. It takes just seconds, and you can do it every day. Thanks, you guys are the best!
If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!