Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Viva Benedict XVI

As you can imagine, it was very exciting in our house yesterday. I was in the bathroom getting ready for work when Dominic yelled that there was white smoke. It was all anticipation and getting kids to watch when it was finally announced.

I don't know why, but the moment I saw Cardinal Ratzinger give the eulogy at Joh Paul II's funeral, I wanted him to be pope. We were literally jumping up and down here, then down on our knees with prayers of thanksgiving to the Holy Spirit for giving us a new leader so quickly.

Already I'm hearing things on the news that show me that people just don't get it. Like, will the new pope be able to revitalize the Western church? Well, um, that's not his job! It's God's job. The pope's job is to follow where God leads him, and thus lead the people.

Anyway, I've worked the last two nights and I haven't had nearly enough sleep. So, I'm a bit crabby and not good at putting thoughts into words. Hopefully I'll be better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!