Friday, April 02, 2004

Blog Envy

Okay, so I've been reading a blog that I recently added to my list. It's written by a woman with twin girls. She's giving me serious blog envy. I mean, why is it that some people are so gifted and I'm left writing about how me and my kids all got sunburned because their mother is so low on the IQ totem pole that she can't remember sunblock on a bright sunny day? Sure, it could be that having 3 children has fried my brain to such a degree that I'm no longer held to the standards of normal people. But today I am in no mood to cut myself such slack.

I spent this morning trying to catch up on a little sleep lost during the night because my fussy 6 week old baby is going through a growth spurt and suddenly wants to be hanging from my breasts around-the-clock. With Piper on a screaming kick, that was not to be. Then I dragged us all out to the DMV. Since we'd taken Dominic to work at 6 a.m. and my children will not go back to bed when there's so much mischief to be made, Piper was tired by around 10:30 am. AND CRANKY.

Well, everyone knows how much fun the DMV is. I think there are even some bad knock knock jokes about it. Let me just say that it is ever so much more fun with the screaming 1 year-old and the "Mommy, I want BOOB" newborn in tow. So, after waiting for what seemed to be an eternity, I registered my vehicle anew and we were on our merry way.

Our next stop was the health foods store. After a local tour of grocery stores yesterday that I went on looking for Mother's Milk Tea I finally got a call from one telling me that his contact couldn't get any, and he wasn't sure where I could find it. I felt as if I was looking for illicit drugs with all the talk about contacts and sources. Then the light dawned and I remembered something long buried in my head (probably part of the motherhood dementia). I remembered that I have access to the internet! Can anyone say "Duh"? Well, on I went only to find out about the health food store that carried the tea and is about a block away from home. Oh, what trouble I could have saved myself, but it's too late now. While I was there I picked up some for my neighbor too. Poor thing is going back to work already and wants to increase her milk supply.

After that we blessedly returned home for lunch and naps. No, not for me! Though my frazzled mind could probably use one. Oh! And joyously I recieved my new pouch today! I ordered a "gently used" Mayawrap pouch from the website, and it rocks! Now I don't have to fight with my Nojo sling. This one I just put on and put the baby in. She fell into a coma like sleep in it within minutes and is actually sleeping now. IN HER BASSINET no less! I'm so excited, it's like Christmas. Okay, so my criteria for excitement are very different than they were when I was single and childless, but hey, it is what it is and I'll take what I can get.

Now Piper is awake and showing off her belly button while singing the "Quack quack" song that she's heard on the Wiggles. It's so cute I can hardly stand it. I think I'll go enjoy. Maybe in eighteen years or so I'll get my brain back and I too will be able to write a kick-butt blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!