Monday, May 31, 2004

Back In Action

Well, we had a good time in California considering the circumstances. One night the kids and I went and visited our friends with the twins. After Jim had come to visit us, we definitely owed them a visit. They were so sweet, not only treating us to dinner but a gift certificate to buy myself something completely unrelated to being a mom. You know, it's humbling. I don't completely understand how I have the friends I have. I feel that I've received so much more than I've given. I'm truly grateful that such special people have come into my life.

The funeral went very well. There must have been over 300 people there. My brother-in-law touched so many people as a man and as a teacher. His life was truly celebrated. Friday my sister and I went out for what she called "Retail Therapy" yes, shopping. I just wanted to take some time and fill her up with enough love to keep her going. She deserves all the support and then some. Everyone has been so great to give it to her.

The kids are just being themselves. Bridget is more fun every day. I went back to work last night from 11pm to 7am. It was a great shift. I'm just so tired now! I only slept about 4 hours after coming home. Dominic promises to get better managing all three kids so I can sleep. But it made me happy to not be away during their waking hours. I don't feel so bad about leaving them while they're all sleeping.

Reagan is coming along in Spanish, and we're making a mass book for church to help him feel more involved. I want him to see the mystery and majesty of the sacraments. He's getting excited about First Communion next year and I am too.

Well, that's all the news from Lake Woebegon, I mean the Basso house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!