Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Planned Parenthood Sinks To New Lows

Senator John Kerry has been quoted as saying that he wishes abortion to be safe, legal, and rare. If abortion is a regretable evil and, while nothing to be happy about, still necessary, can someone explain this tee-shirt to me?


Planned Parenthood puts the following description with it:
They have finally arrived!

Planned Parenthood is proud to offer yet another t-shirt in our new social fashion line: "I Had an Abortion" fitted T-shirts are now available. These soft and comfortable fitted tees assert a powerful message in support of women's rights.

Order yours for $15 each.

I'm sorry, I was busy retching. Aren't there bigger fish to fry here, people? "Social fashion line"?!? "Support of women's rights"?!? How is advertising your irresponsibility or your "choice" to kill your baby for whatever your reasons, something to be proud of? Now, don't fill up my comments box with talk about 12 year-old crack addicts and rape victims. First of all, I think I've made my views clear, but secondly with one out of three pregnancies ending in abortion there's no way they're all crack-addicts and rape victims!

My first feeling when I saw this was complete shock, then sadness, then the realization that there is still evil in this world. To set abortion up as something to be proud of. To be so callous about the destruction of life. I don't care what your view is on abortion, no one can believe that this is right.

*note 12/17/04* I noticed when looking at this post again that the picture of the tee-shirt was gone. I checked the PP website to see if I could find a link to it to replace it in my post. I couldn't find it! Perhaps PP finally got the idea that even for most pro-choicers this tee-shirt was just horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!